I’ve seen this in two (2) different venues; one of them names the location as Atlanta (you don’t say!) and the other as Jonesboro, reportedly a suburb of Atlanta.
For the Armed Citizen, the student of guns and gunfights, this is a very instructive video. The comments at the link are a good place to start, but I’ll lay them out here as I see them. And remember, we don’t really know much at all about the two chaps who shot it out or what brought on this very unfortunate disagreement.
- Note the very close ranges– conversational, whites-of-the-eyes distances
- Despite the close ranges, note the distinct lack of hits on the targets being fired at
- Note the very good use of cover by Worthy Citizen #1, who approached the car from the rear and apparently precipitated the action
- Note that the apparent disparity of firepower– an AK pistol presumably firing the 7.62×39 vs. what we can guess is a 9mm– did not produce a disparity of effect, contra bedwetting leftists who shriek about the magical properties of “high-powered weapons on our streets”
- Note that Worthy Citizen #1 was actually in a better position, and could have scored a mobility hit on his opponent if he had chosen to by rolling to the right and engaging under the car with careful aimed fire
- Try to count the rounds fired; four? six? more than that? Where did those rounds go, excepting the one that seems to have hit Young Miss in the shoulder?
As the comments ask us, how often do we train in and around vehicles? Do we know how to use cover and angles? Have we thought about the problem of fighting around a car at a gas station, when our mobility is restricted? Do we regularly and routinely use the Gunsite Color Code to help us to condition our state of mind in preparation for such a crisis? If either one of these two fine gentlemen had been able to get it together, use his sights and squeeze off aimed fire, he’d have aced the other one in a matter of seconds with no rounds astray.
Finally, and perhaps this is invidious but I’ll say it anyway– this makes for a fine word problem. “If JaVonte and Quantavious leave different projects at the same time headed for the gas station, and one has an AK and the other has a pistol, how many seconds will it take for them to miss each other with six rounds but hit Chenequa in the shoulder?”
(Answers in comments, please.)