Day One of the Nation’s Gun Show at Dulles Expo Center…
- Maj W DC, USMC0802, Tango 76 and I met for chow early then got in line at about 1440. The lines were very long, and it took us ‚til 1515 or so to get in.
- Very expanded show, with an additional hall open. (Is that new for this one or has it been like that? I haven’t been in a while.)
- Very well attended, with folk of all shapes, sizes and colors. Good to see– America under one roof.
- Ammo availability was very good, with some of the better prices I’ve seen in some time, for example, 300-rd battlepack of SADF 5.56 for $110. NOT BAD.
- As usual, ARs and AR accessories dominated, but other evil black rifles were in good supply.
- The VMI alumnus-owned International Police Supply was there, as usual, and I spent a few minutes talking with the owner.
- More prepper and survival-related vendors than I have previously seen; I consider that a good thing. An honorable mention goes to this company with their nifty rocket-stove-in-an-ammo-can.
- My budgeted $140 went quick, but I got everything I came to get and that doesn’t always happen
I expect that guns, ammo, and magazines will sell briskly. Got yours? If not, might want to see to that.
Oh, and I’m *still* looking for Herman Goering’s chamber pot in the WWII memorabilia section… If you see it, let me know.